Thursday, November 07, 2013

Not a Cover Reveal

My Nano project has approximately 12k words so far. It's off to a good start, and I love where the story is headed. The main character is a photographer who is searching for a Dom. The story follows her search, but it's when she stops searching that she finds exactly what she needs.

Blurbs are the hardest, so that will be cleaned up a bit, but you get the gist. It's going to be a humorous, BDSM erotic romance. (That exists, right?)

It had no title until yesterday. By the end of the night, I had a title and a cover. Instead of doing a cover reveal, I thought it might be fun to get some feedback and make changes.


I love the film strip in the middle. The other elements might need some work. A cover cannot be completed in one day and come out looking like a masterpiece, so that's where you come in. Let me know your opinion. Would you check out this book based on the cover? Does it need something more? Does it draw you in? Does it repel you and make you cringe? 

This is your perfect chance to get in on the ground level of a cover design to give your thoughts and opinions!

2 comments:

  1. The title is an attention grabber to me. I would pick up the book on that alone and read a few pages, at least. If your first 500 words are as good as the title I'd be walking up the cashier with your book in hand.

    The lens didn't get me. It didn't even click what it was until I studied it. I think that the lens cap (or filter) distracted from the image the lens. I my opinion, an image of a lens and a 35mm camera body together would have been better.

    The film strip is good but it makes me think of movies more than snapshots. I suggest putting the photos in the format of the old snapshots of the 1960s that had a white border around the photo. Sometimes they had deckled edges. (I'm aging myself.)

    Whatever you might tweak, keep the title. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad somebody commented on this! I was afraid that it might be so hideous that nobody wanted to hurt my feelings by commenting.

      I considered doing a polaroid snapshot or two on the front but she's a photographer. Professionals don't use polaroids. Actually, does anyone? They might not even make them anymore!

      I'm glad the title was a hit. I have to admit it clicked for me as soon as I thought of it. Hopefully, those first words catch you and drag you to the cash register when it's published!

      Delete