Wednesday, October 30, 2013

NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo

It's almost that time again. I didn't make it far with last year's project. It's still sitting in a dusty file in the back of my computer. That thing may never see the light of day. I have higher hopes this year. In November of last year, I had a few short stories under my belt, but this year I have a better track record. With only one story reaching over the 50k mark, two stories at 35k, and a bunch of short stories, I'm ready to exceed the previous word goals. The answer? NaNoWriMo! The challenge is exactly what's needed.

Tricking and challenging myself are the keys to success!


When I participate in #1k1hr or #wordsprints, I'm competing with other writers to get the most words. They may not even know we're in a competition! But we totally are. This is how I trick myself. I wouldn't mind some writing buddies. Real competitors who know we're competing! I mean... real buddies who can encourage and support. Mhm.

I'm outlining today and tomorrow. It's almost November 1st. Can you believe it? October flew by so quickly. Find me on the Nano website under Tessa Kealey, email me at tessakealey (at) yahoo.com, or comment below if you want to be writing buddies. We don't have to have meetings or secret handshakes. Checking in with other writers and pushing each other is helpful. The more the merrier, too. I'd love to have some erotica writing pals anyway. It's hard to get any love out there for erotica! Or maybe it's the kind that I write. This latest will not have non-consent. It's BDSM. Everybody loves BDSM, right? Well, they should!




I have the little counter all ready on the blog for when I write all the words.



A few things before I let you go. (muffled yelling) Yes. I'll untie you in a second. I want to make sure you'll listen.

1. Visit Laura Levot's page here on my blog under the tab to read her Halloween story. Or visit her blog here to read her short stories and flash fiction. She writes steamy sex scenes.

2. The Big Bad Wolfe release sale will be over in a few hours. 10 am EST to be exact. If you haven't had a chance yet, now's the time to get over to Smashwords and grab a copy. After that, the 99 cent deal is over.

3. Start outlining! November is almost here.






4 comments:

  1. Hi Tessa. I picked up Big Bad Wolfe yesterday. Looking forward to reading it.

    I'm doing NaNo again this year so I'd be happy to be writing buds. I'm listed under my on the site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! I hope you enjoy it, Trent. I'm going to look for you on Nano!

      Delete
  2. Have you thought about being a Nano rebel maybe? Like one thing I've heard- especially from other erotic romance writers- is rebelling to write a collection of short stories that adds up to 50K. It's a totally reasonable thing to do in this genre since that sort of book seems to sell well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During the Nano camps in April and July or August (whenever they were), I did take the opportunity to write a few short stories. I have a bunch of those. I need longer novels to fill out my collection. I do think it's reasonable for people to do. Especially if the thought of doing one long story feels too daunting, or they need to fill their author library.

      Delete