Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Polishing Book Covers

I've spent a few years teaching myself Gimp, which is a free photo manipulation software like Photoshop. With no money for that expensive software, I'm content to use Gimp. Photoshop is more powerful, but for a free option, Gimp is a great substitute.
I create all the covers for my ebooks. I'm fiercely proud of some of them like the one for Fearful Cravings. Others need some work. It makes sense to brand my non-consent stories with similar covers. It would make it easier to classify them for readers. This is the experiment.

Starting with only these three, I've uploaded to Amazon. They are the pickiest of all the retailers. I didn't want to have different covers at different retailers. They've been accepted at Amazon, so I'll be changing my covers with Smashwords and eventually, they'll trickle down to Barnes and Noble and the rest. The beauty of self-publishing. Book covers can be changed anytime! Let me know what you think.

In other news, I'm excited to announce a new story coming soon. I'll give you some teasers and excerpts in the next week or so. I'm editing, (editing is painful!) and creating the book cover. I'll show you the cover in the next few days.

Here's a little hint/teaser. It's loosely based on the story of The Big Bad Wolf and the Three Little Pigs.












No comments:

Post a Comment