Monday, July 15, 2013

Menage Monday: Indie Authors

As part of the July Smashwords sale, books are 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% off. Let's support indie authors with some purchases. You may find a new author that you love, and they'll get the community support they need to continue. It's a brave thing we do when we pour ourselves into a project then send it out into the world for readers to possibly tear apart. In the next 2 weeks, I'll be reading some of these indies. (It will actually be more like three because I have a ton of writing to do myself!) After that, I'll be putting up a review of their work on Smashwords.


By supporting Smashwords, we support the indie author. It's where I first published my work, so it holds a special place for me.

Download a book from an indie. Right now. Go do it! I'll wait.

Leave a link in the comment below to let everyone know you're supporting other indies. And it can't be a link to your own book, your best friend's book or your neighbor's book! Try someone new. You may find a new favorite author.

Sold to the Millionaire by Samantha Hyde
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/331523

Take Me by Onne Andrews
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/334675

Double Chance #1 by Lucy Tucker
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/333177

These are the ones I purchased. Cost me zero dollars to take a chance on a new author.



3 comments:

  1. Good evening, Tessa! I just wanted to say thank you for trying one of my books. Unfortunately, my household was in the middle of a massive move during Smashwords' sale. I'm only now catching up on my correspondence. Thank you again for the plug, and best wishes on your own writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening, Tessa! I just wanted to say thank you for trying one of my books. Unfortunately, my household was in the middle of a massive move during Smashwords' sale. I'm only now catching up on my correspondence. Thank you again for the plug, and best wishes on your own writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Your comment reminds me that I still have to do some reading and post reviews.

      Moving is the worst! I've lived out of boxes for months before. Hope you're all settled and didn't lose anything in the move. I hate when that happens.

      Delete