Thursday, May 23, 2013

What I Did During My Summer Vacation

I wish there was an actual vacation with umbrella drinks and white, sandy beaches. I took some time off to recharge. Those of you who read my last post will have seen that. It might be surprising to find out what I did during that time off; I worked. And I made more work for myself, too.

Yeah. Do I know how to have a good time or what?


I like this blog the way it is. I have three topics I do regularly. This blog is (hopefully) entertaining and sexy. Each topic is erotic-themed whether it's pictures, videos or flash fiction. There are times that I want to talk about other things totally unrelated to those three topics.

Now, I could add the random posts whenever I want. It's my blog, right? I don't want to dilute the erotica! Plus the experts recommend a blog for each separate entity. Who am I to argue with experts? The bottom line is - instead of taking some time off to renew and energize - I gave myself more things to do.

The other blog will be a place to have discussions about self-publishing, freelance writing and business-related writing topics. At the beginning of my writing career, I found bits and pieces of information online and had to adapt that to fit my needs. I started out writing at content mills. I have no shame. For the first time ever, people were paying me for words. Words that are available to everyone. Words out of my head. Clients like the way I laid those words down, and they paid me for it. How exciting is that?

It's pretty amazing when you think about it.

Anyway, that's the kind of thing I'll be discussing over there. I hope you'll join me at Rough Pen Strokes.

Flash Friday will be back tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment