Monday, April 01, 2013

Menage Monday: Authors

Two-Tickets from Deviant Art

Favorite Authors over Time

I love to read. Books have always been my escape. I've always had my nose stuck in a book even as a wild teenager. Recovering from a hangover, I'd lay in bed reading. Before getting ready to go out and cause havoc on the streets, I'd read a book. Books allowed me an escape route into a different world. Depending on what kind of story I was immersed in, the fantasy book world in my head was more exciting, more dangerous or more fantastical than my own.

This Menage Monday is about authors who have published books for decades. I loved their books from the beginning of time, and still love them now.

Stephen King
I've tried to think back on the first Stephen King book I ever read. That's a blank. It feels like I've always loved his stories. It's almost like there's never been a literary world for me without him. My favorite is probably The Talisman or The Stand.

Dean Koontz
Dean Koontz is another author that I've loved since forever. Every year when someone asks me what I want for my birthday, my immediate answer is a Dean Koontz book. Thankfully, he comes out with one every year, or I'd probably get nothing for my birthday! My favorite Dean Koontz book is Lightning.

Lawrence Block
The first book I read from Lawrence Block was from the Bernie Rhodenbarr series about a burglar who stumbled onto murders then assisted the police in catching the criminals. I love books that can make me laugh. Most of his books have been parts of a series which I love. I'm always a little sad when a good book is over, so a series appeals to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment